Here are several of the benefits of joining the Motor City Region:
- Meetings. Meeting are held on the first Thursday of every month alternating between the east and west sides of metro Detroit. Check our upcoming events on the right to get the most up to date information.
- Monthly Newsletter. THE STANDARD is published monthly for the members
of the Motor City Region, Cadillac & LaSalle Club, as a local compliment to the National publication, The Self-Starter.
THE STANDARD is normally mailed during the last week of each month as a reminder of the next membership meeting. A typical issue contains eight or more pages of articles, photos, events, member ads, officer reports, and the minutes of the last membership meeting.
The deadline for submissions to THE STANDARD is the 10th of the preceding month. Contributions from all members are welcome.
- Membership Directory. Members receive an annual membership directory in which all members in the region are listed. Provided is contact information for each member by U.S. Mail, telephone or e-mail when available. In addition, there is an indispensable list of Cadillacs and LaSalles in the Motor City Region and to whom they belong.
- Regular Club Meetings. Each month, there is a club meeting scheduled at 7:30 P.M. on the first Thursday of the month that you are encouraged to attend. At meetings, you will find help that will enable you to maintain or restore your Cadillacs and LaSalles—and to make new friends. To ensure that the same individuals do not have to drive long distances to club meetings each month, meetings are held at more than one location.
- Tech Help. Got a technical problem? Ask a friendly member at a meeting or by means of the phone or e-mail with knowledge of your problem. Usually, if your first contact cannot help you, he or she can direct you to someone who can.
- Swap and Sell. Both at meetings and in the region’s monthly newsletter THE STANDARD, there are opportunities to seek out an elusive part and to move valuable parts that are needed by another member in the region or in one of the many other regions in the CLC.
- Camaraderie. A variety of activities are planned so that you will have an additional opportunity to get to know the members in the Motor City Region. Some activities are very car oriented; others are really social, but car talk is never forbidden.