As we all are greatly aware of the health crisis surrounding our country at this time, I thought it prudent to say a few words.
As of now, the Governor has issued
an order restricting any gathering of more than ten people a stay-at-home order for the next three weeks to mitigate the spread of the virus. Because of this and the age range of our members, all local meetings and events have been postponed until a time that both the government and the MCR board considers appropriate for the health and safety of all members.
I urge all of us to do our part in helping reduce the chance of spreading the infection by a few simple steps
- Wash your hands constantly for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- Sanitize commonly touched surfaces regularly.
- Stay indoors as much as possible to reduce the chance of exposure.
- Only go out for essential things (groceries, doctor visits, etc)
- If you must go out, try to reduce your contact with surfaces with something like rubber gloves.
- Only wear a mask if you think you have been exposed as it does nothing if you are well and it reduces the supply of masks for medical personnel.
- If you feel the symptoms like a fever and fatigue, PLEASE seek immediate medical attention.
- Don’t hoard toilet paper. COVID-19 is respiratory based, not Taco Bell food!
If we are able to do our part, we will soon be able to enjoy taking our cars out and going to car shows in a short time.
Be sure to keep a look out on our Facebook and twitter page for up to date information.